As a Health Scientist Administrator with the NIH you will serve as a Program Officer with responsibility for providing scientific leadership and guidance in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of biomedical, behavioral health, or health-related research. In this role you will:
- Identify and formulate program needs to achieve an integrated and responsive effort in the assigned program area.
- Provide leadership and scientific expertise in the planning and implementation of IC-supported studies or other activities.
- Formulate and present new basic, translational, and clinical research concepts, projects, and initiatives to appropriate advisory groups and formulate and develop Funding Opportunity Announcements to achieve objectives.
- Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
- Consult with and advise grantees/contractors during preparation of applications/proposals and provide guidance on program issues.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts established to fulfill the mission of the Branch and Division.
- Organize and conduct workshops, conferences, symposia, or similar activities. Visit universities, research institutions, commercial organizations, other government agencies, and public and private organizations to promote and explain the objectives of the program.
- New Job Opening: Mathematical Statistician (Biomedical Research)
- Message from the Director: What the Science Says About Complementary Health Practices for Asthma
- NCCAM Clinical Digest: Asthma and Complementary Health Practices
- Nutrition Express Voluntarily Recalls Protein Supplements Because of Possible Health Risk
- NCCAM Faculty Recruitment through Biomedical Research Core Centers