N Engl J Med 335:1016–1021PubMedCrossRef 37. Naylor G, Davies MH (1996) Oesophageal stricture associated with alendronic acid. Lancet 348:1030–1031PubMedCrossRef 38. Kane S, Borisov N, Brixner D (2004) Pharmacoeconomic Selleckchem CX-6258 evaluation of gastrointestinal tract events during treatment with risedronate or alendronate: a retrospective cohort study. Am J Manag Care 10:S216–S228 39. Wysowski DK (2010) Oral bisphosphonates and oesophageal cancer.
BMJ 341:c4506PubMedCrossRef 40. Perkins AC, Blackshaw DE, Hay PD et al (2008) Esophageal transit and in vivo disintegration of branded risedronate sodium tablets and two generic formulations of alendronic acid tablets: a single-center, single-blind, six-period crossover study in healthy female subjects. Clin Ther 30:834–844PubMedCrossRef
41. Gold DT, Silverman S (2006) Review of adherence to medicationsfor the treatment of osteoporosis. Curr Osteoporos Rep 4:21–27PubMedCrossRef 42. Rossini M, Bianchi G, Di MO et al (2006) Determinants of adherence to osteoporosis treatment in clinical practice. Osteoporos Int 17:914–921PubMedCrossRef 43. Strampel W, Emkey R, Civitelli R (2007) Safety considerations with bisphosphonates for the treatment of osteoporosis. Drug Saf 30:755–763PubMedCrossRef 44. Imaz I, Zegarra P, Gonzalez-Enriquez J, Rubio B, Alcazar R, Amate JM (2010) Poor bisphosphonate SYN-117 manufacturer adherence for treatment of osteoporosis increases fracture risk: systematic
review and meta-analysis. Osteoporos Int 21:1943–1951PubMedCrossRef 45. Sheehy O, Kindundu CM, Barbeau M, LeLorier J (2009) Differences in persistence among different weekly oral bisphosphonate medications. Osteoporos Int 20:1369–1376PubMedCrossRef 46. Weycker D, Macarios D, Edelsberg J, Oster G (2006) Compliance with drug therapy for postmenopausal osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int 17:1645–1652PubMedCrossRef 47. Halkin H, Dushenat M, Silverman B (2007) Brand versus generic alendronate: gastrointestinal effects measured by resource utilization. Ann Pharmacother 41:29–34PubMed 48. Sheehy O, Kindundu C, Barbeau M, LeLorier J (2009) Adherence to weekly oral bisphosphonate therapy: cost of wasted drugs and fractures. Osteoporos Int 20:1583–1594PubMedCrossRef PtdIns(3,4)P2 49. Grima DT, Papaioannou A, Thomson MF, Pasquale MK, Tanespimycin ic50 Adachi JD (2008) Greater first year effectiveness drives favourable cost-effectiveness of brand risedronate versus generic or brand alendronate: modelled Canadian analysis. Osteoporos Int 19:687–697PubMedCrossRef 50. Ringe JD, Möller G (2009) Differences in persistence, safety and efficacy of generic and original branded once weekly bisphosphonates in patients with postmenopausal osteoporosis: 1-year results of a retrospective patient chart review analysis. Rheumatol Int 30:213–221PubMedCrossRef 51.
- e , maintained a medical possession ratio to initiated therapy of
- Some reports have described stomatitis and oral ulcerations due t
- 62–5 05) 1 74 (0 61–4 99) Stratified by age categoryb ≤70 year
- Between treatment difference in the cumulative incidence of each category of fracture
- Among the biochemical markers, serum TRACP-5b is a marker that ha